MY JOURNEY STARTS

I,together with a few of my colleagues stroll along the streets of Manila almost every week to capture the never been seen moments and subtle expressions of the so called "Street Life" in the eyes and faces of the street children. As photography conveys not so much of their lifestyle , it atleast takes our soul to a different level of understanding which we may have left unexplored.So I would like you to journey with me through my pictures and take a peek in my lens so you can have a glimpse of the "BUHAY KALYE".

These photos were taken July 8,2007 a fine sunday. We decided to conquer the streets with a heart full of hope and a small prayer that it would not rain.Our feet led us to Baclaran and as we gaze around it's busy streets we were so amazed on how hardworking others may seem and how other people continuosly visits the beautiful church of Baclaran and offer candles and flowers at the altar.We then get our cameras,take our chances,pushed our luck and look for a good subject.By fate these wonderful kids came to us and let us took a few of their time to let us capture their beautiful smiles,they even showed us their form of living.It's Kind of heartbreaking that they dont have nothing to brag about or reasons to smile for but maybe because that's how i see it-my perception.I wonder where did they get that smiles form?or How can they seem to forget schooling? or do they even know school exists? These children were built by time,strengthen by poverty but nurtured by happiness in their hearts. We may not know how they feel but I guarantee you that there's more to them than just being "batang lansangan".